Every 3rd Saturday of each month at 3:30pm here at the Pocatello Animal Shelter!
The Pocatello Shelter has a Volunteer Program and we need your help! Your help will ensure our animals receive more interaction with humans as well as maintain and improve the social skills the animal come to us with. Your time will definitely make a difference for that one animal that you spend time with.
Whether you’re just getting started or retired, There are many ways you can help out, including: working with the dogs on the property, working with the cats in the adoptable cat room, bathing/minor grooming of the animals, cleaning kennels, helping out in the office, greeting and guiding those who come to the shelter, helping with fundraisers and outreach events, as well as, working on projects from your home.
If you are 18 years or older and would like more information about volunteering please contact Kim - email@example.com at the Pocatello Animal Shelter to learn more.
"Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year. But when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in." - unknown
Do you love animals and want to make a difference for pets in need? Are you compassionate, reliable, and committed to helping change the lives of Shelter animals? If so, please keep reading.
Whether you are interested in any of the following activities, the Pocatello Animal Services and Adoption Center needs your help:
- Helping up at the Shelter: Working with the animals, helping out in the front office, helping with general duties in the kennels, etc.
- Helping us from the comfort of your own home
- Helping work our information tables during off-site events
- Volunteering at our local fundraisers
- A group looking for ways to help out
- Motivated to collect needed supplies or funds
- Donating needed supplies directly to our Shelter
Please submit the volunteer interest form to indicate your willingness to volunteer and for more information.