Pocatello Animal Shelter Community Service & Volunteering Opportunities
The Pocatello Animal Shelter has a volunteer program, including community service hour opportunities, for volunteers of all ages. Volunteers ensure our animals receive the care and human interaction they need. We need you!
Adult (16 or Older) Volunteer Opportunities
- Working with animals on site
- Bathing and grooming animals
- Cleaning kennels and performing general kennel duties
- Greeting and guiding patrons through the animal shelter
- Helping with tasks in the front office
- Assisting with fundraising and outreach events
- Working on projects from home
- Collecting or donating needed supplies to the shelter
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to be a volunteer, including those completing community service hours, with our online volunteer application.
Youth (Under 16) and Group Volunteer Opportunities
On-site youth and group volunteer activities are not currently accommodated at the Pocatello Animal Shelter, but we have compiled a list of ideas for off-site activities (PDF) that would greatly benefit our shelter animals.
- Refer to our Wish List to organize a supply drive for shelter animals.
- Organize a fundraiser such as a bake sale, paper paw tag sale, car wash, lemonade stand, or penny drive. You could also sell homemade items like jewelry.
- Collect pet food for the shelter animals using our Pet Food Drive Starter Kit (PDF):
- Wet Food: Paté cat and dog canned food is best.
- Dry Food: Purina Dog Chow (green bag), Purina Little Bites (yellow bag), Purina Puppy Chow and Large Breed Puppy Chow (blue bag), Purina Cat Chow (blue bag), Purina Kitten Chow (yellow bag), Purina Cat Chow Naturals (olive green bag).
Community Service Credit
If you complete a project to benefit the Pocatello Animal Shelter, you may be able to receive community service credit for school or a youth organization. Students should always verify with their schools or organizations that the hours will count for credit prior to completing the project.
Teachers, students, and youth groups may request educational shelter tours of our facilities or off-site presentations made at their schools or programs. Thank you for shining a light on the animals at the Pocatello Animal Shelter.