Open burning in Pocatello requires a burning permit; except cooking or warming fires. Burn permits may be purchased at Fire Station #1, 408 E. Whitman, Pocatello. The cost is $10.
Other Permits Issued by the PFD
For information about the application process for other Pocatello Fire Department issued permits contact Fire Station #1 by visiting 408 East Whitman or by phone at 208-234-6201.
Solid Fuel Burning Appliance inspections
- $50 - Inspection of solid fuel burning appliances for new installation or existing appliance
- $50 - Water supply (hydrant flow) testing, each hydrant
- $60 - Retail sale of “safe and sane” fireworks and firework stand inspection
Flammable & Combustible Materials Storage Tanks
- $50 - Permit and inspection for the installation, removal, or abandonment of residential fuel/oil tanks
- $100 to $150 - Installation or modification of hazardous materials storage tank
- $125 - Permit for the operation of aircraft refueling vehicles for 1 year, application required
- $25 - Aircraft refueling certification for 1 year, application required
Life Safety Systems
Insurance, Bond and Certification Qualifications apply
- $100 - Installation or Modification of Commercial Kitchen Suppression System
- $50 to $250 - Installation or Modification of Fire Alarm System
- $100 - Installation or Modification of Private Service Main or Hydrant System
- $100 - Installation or Modification of Fire Sprinkler
- $100 - Installation or Modification of Special Hazard System
- Variable Annual Fee - Annual Life Safety Operating Permit for Service and Maintenance
- Variable Annual Fee - Service and Maintenance Technician
- Operational Permit Application
- Technician Permit Application
To obtain these permits, please contact the Pocatello Fire Prevention Bureau at 208-234-6203 or 208-234-7879.