Pocatello Candidate Filing Dates
- Election Date: November 5, 2019
- Positions Up for Election: City Council Seats 1, 2, and 3
City Candidate Filing Dates
- Opens: Monday, August 26, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
- Closes: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Candidates for council get their name on the ballot by filing a Declaration of Candidacy indicating the office for which they are running, the term of the office, and confirming that they are qualified to hold the office, meaning they are:
- October 10, 2019 — October 10 Pre-General
- October 29, 2019 — 7-Day Pre-General
- December 5, 2019 — 30-Day Post-General
- January 31, 2020 — Annual (2019)
- At least 18 years of age,
- A U.S. citizen,
- The candidate’s primary residence must be within the city,
- The address of the candidate’s voter registration must match the residence address provided on the candidate’s declaration, and
- The candidate must have resided in the city for at least 30 days prior to submitting their declaration.
- A Petition of Candidacy signed by at least five qualified city electors with an attached certification from the county clerk verifying the number of valid signatures, OR
- A nonrefundable filing fee of $40.