Pocatello Community Recreation Center
- On May 11, 2021, the governor moved the State of Idaho to Stage 4. The Community Recreation Center is observing normal hours of operation, and all facilities are open. Facility patrons and program participants are encouraged, but not required, to wear a cloth facial covering or mask while entering and moving about the building.
The Community Recreation Center is a complete family recreation center offering a wide variety of activities and classes throughout the year including swimming, dancing, rock climbing, weight lifting, cardio, racquetball, and more.
- Valid Membership card must be scanned to enter.
- All guests must pay daily admission and sign in at front desk with name and phone number.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS
Fitness Area and Hot Tub – 15 years
Sauna, Eucalyptus and Steam room – 18 years
- Personal belongings should be locked in a locker. The City of Pocatello is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No child over 4 years of age may not use the locker room of the opposite gender. Please use the family changing room.
- Any personal contract work (i.e. Personal Training) is not allowed except by Recreation Employees.
Code of Conduct
All participants in the Community Center are expected to behave in such a manner as not to disturb others using the facility. Please adhere to the following code of conduct in and around the building:
- No foul or abusive language
- No fighting or rough play
- Food and drink allowed ONLY in designated areas
- No glass containers
- No tobacco products
- No pets
- No weapons
- No alcohol or illegal substances
- No bouncing basketballs outside the gymnasium
- Non-marking shoes required on gymnasium floor
- Appropriate clothing required No running or playing in the hallways or stairwells
Community Recreation Center Pool Rules
- No air filled flotation devices of any kind.
- Well-fitted life jackets are permitted under the supervision of an adult.
- No diving in the shallow area.
- No running on deck.
- Standard hemmed swimming suit must be worn in pool.
- Lap lanes are for adult swimmers only.
- Kick boards are not allowed during public swim, except for use in lap lanes.
- Swim Diapers and Plastic Pants are required for all toddlers 3 and under and those that are not potty trained.
- Non-swimmers must remain in the shallow end.
- Persons have an infectious or communicable disease is prohibited from using the pool.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose or discharging bodily wastes in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Non-members are only allowed to swim during designated public swim hours.
- During member swim time, all swimmers 17 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult member at all times.
- No food or drink is allowed on the deck.
- No reckless behavior will be allowed.
- No pushing of shoving on pool deck.
- Shoulder riding is not permitted.
- No floating on the basket balls.
- No hanging on basket ball rims.
- No hanging or sitting on lane ropes.
- No spitting of pool water.
- Persons under 15 years of age are prohibited from being in or near spa.
- All users must take a cleansing soap shower prior to use of spa.
- Spa users must wear standard hemmed swimsuits. T-shirts, shorts, or cutoffs are not allowed.
- Persons have an infectious or communicable disease is prohibited from using the spa.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing the nose or discharging bodily wastes in the spa is strictly prohibited.
- Persons with circulatory problems or pregnant women should consult medical advice prior to use of the spa.
- Use of air-inflated support items is prohibited.
- Users should not put head under the water.
- Users should limit their stay to 10 minutes per visit.