- Doing Business
Doing Business in Pocatello
We know that we can cut your cost of doing business by at least 25%. Why? Because we offer access to cutting-edge technology; ample commercial and industrial space; utility rates ranked among the lowest in the nation; an educated and well-trained workforce; a lower cost of living; and air, rail, and ground transportation at the intersection of I-15 and I-86.
Our philosophy is simple. Our economic development experts do everything they can to help your business relocate to Pocatello or to expand once you are here. We are a pro-business community that is proud of the successful cooperative partnerships we've established between public and private sectors. If you are interested in starting a business in Pocatello, please take advantage of the links provided to help you through this process. And don't take our word for it. Learn why!
- Glassdoor Research found Pocatello to be in the top 30 cities in the nation for best economic recovery since the end of the Great Recession.
- Forbes.com listed Pocatello as a "Best Small Place for Business" 6 years in a row.
- Financial Times' fDi Magazine found Pocatello to be one of the top 10 Micro Cities of the Future and ranked it 2nd in Best Economic Potential.
- Financial Times' fDi Magazine found Pocatello to be 5th in Best Quality of Life.
- Pocatello has ranked 2nd on Forbes Cost of Doing Business index.
- The Milken Institute recently ranked the Pocatello MSA 3rd in growth rate of high-tech manufacturing companies.
- Forbes magazine ranked Pocatello "8th Best Place for Business and Careers" among small metro areas - populations below 177,000. (Forbes May 2002)
- Pocatello ranks in the top 10 places to live cheaply qualifying as "some of the lowest living costs in the nation...also have highly rated schools and low unemployment and crime rates"
- The U.S. Census Bureau ranked Idaho as the #5 Best Homeownership rate in the Nation!
- Pocatello ranked 2nd in Outdoor Life Magazine's 2010 list of Best Towns for Hunters and Fishermen.