The Sanitation Department, in partnership with the Bannock County Landfill, operates a yard waste only composting program each year beginning the first full week in April and continuing through the last full week of November.
If you have any questions, or to sign up for the service, please contact the Sanitation Department at 208.234.6192.
$5.00 per month April through November, billed through the City of Pocatello utility bill.
Lost or intentionally damaged carts will be assessed a $51.00 per cart fee. Cart cleaning may be requested for $20.00 per cart.
96-Gallon Yard-Waste Cart
Yard waste carts are collected once per week, beginning the first full week of April through the last full week of November on the same day as the regularly scheduled garbage collection day. Place carts out by 7:00 a.m. to ensure collection.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
Grass Clippings Leaves
Weeds Garden Trimmings
NO Tree Limbs NO Branches
NO Christmas Trees
NO Kitchen Waste NO Food Waste
NO Coffee Grounds NO Pet/Animal Waste
NO "Compostable Packaging"
NO Paper Products NO Trash
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
THE YARD WASTE PROGRAM...
- Is available the first full week of April through the last full week of November.
- Is a curbside weekly pick-up service on the same day as the regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
- Provides a 96-gallon green autocart with a brown lid.
- Is voluntary and can be requested by calling the Sanitation Department.
- Costs $5 per month, April through November and is billed through the City of Pocatello utility bill.