Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Below is a news release from Southeastern Idaho Public Health:
New COVID-19 Case Identified in Bannock County
Southeastern Idaho Public Health has confirmed a new case of COVID-19 in Bannock County. This brings the total to 15 confirmed cases (8 in Bannock County, 4 in Bingham County, 1 in Caribou, and 2 in Power County) in southeastern Idaho.
The patient is a male in his 50s from Bannock County. He is self-isolating at home. The investigation is ongoing.
SIPH will continue to monitor the situation closely and is working with the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, city and county leaders, schools, emergency management, healthcare providers, and our community at large to help prevent the spread of this virus.
Prevention methods include:
- Follow Governor Little’s Statewide Stay-Healthy Idaho Order at rebound.idaho.gov
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing (6ft).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public places.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs using a disinfecting solution.
If you believe you have been exposed, make sure to self-isolate. If you need medical attention, please call your healthcare provider in advance of a visit to discuss your symptoms and next steps. Testing is available by calling 208-234-5875.
SIPH has opened a call center to field questions from the community and will be open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can reach the hotline at (208) 234-5875.
For Idaho-specific information about the novel coronavirus, please visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/. For southeast Idaho information, please visit siphidaho.org or join us Monday-Friday at 11 am for Facebook Live.