Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Pocatello’s furriest pool party returns September 9.
Starting at 11 a.m., the Ross Park Aquatic Complex will host the Fourth Annual Splash Dance for Dogs. The event lets the areas canines enjoy the facility like their human pals. The entry fee is $10 per dog. The money raised helps fund programs such as the “Second Chance Fund” which pays for treatment during medical emergencies and the “Katie’s Old Friends” program that helps pay part of the adoption fee for dogs six-years-old and older.
“Break out the doggy water wings and suntan lotion,” said Rhett Nicks, Animal Services Director. “All the big dogs and the little dogs are going to be there because this pool ‘paw-ty’ is going to be off the leash.”
The event will wrap up at 4:00 p.m.
For a dog’s-eye view of last year’s Splash Dance, visit https://vimeo.com/209602910.
For more information on this event or to see pets in need of their forever home, visit pocatello.us/animal.
Officials ask that if you and your pet attend the Splash Dance to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Make sure your dog is wearing a collar and proper identification
- Keep your dog on a leash until they are in the fenced pool area
- Make sure your dog is current on their vaccinations and check with your veterinarian on what vaccinations your dog should have to be safe
- Bring your dog’s life jacket if they use one and some tennis balls if your dog likes to play with them but remember that dogs assume that you’ll share with everyone
- Bring your family, lawn chairs, sun hat and suntan lotion and have some fun with us