Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A pool party of the canine variety is happening at the Ross Park Aquatic Complex Saturday, September 8.
Starting at 11 a.m., the Ross Park Aquatic Complex will host the Fifth Annual Splash Dance for Dogs. The event lets the areas canines enjoy the facility like their pet parents. The entry fee is $10 per dog. Those who wish to pre-register for the event can go to pocatelloshelterfriends.org.
“The best thing about our Splash Dance for Dogs event is that it’s a fun and easy way to help our shelter animals,” said Pocatello Animal Services Director Danielle Garcia. “Not only do dogs get to enjoy time socializing with other dogs and playing in the water, owners and volunteers alike get to spend the day surrounded by a variety of happy, carefree, and energetic dogs. It’s really a blast!”
The money raised helps fund programs such as the “Katie’s Old Friends” program that helps pay part of the adoption fee for dogs six-years-old and older and the “Second Chance Fund” which pays for treatment during medical emergencies.
The event will wrap up at 4 p.m.
Officials ask that if you and your pet attend the Splash Dance to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Make sure your dog is wearing a collar and proper identification
- Keep your dog on a leash until they are in the fenced pool area
- Make sure your dog is current on its vaccinations, and check with your veterinarian on which vaccinations your dog should have to be safe
- Bring your dog’s life jacket if it uses one and some tennis balls if your dog likes to play with them, but remember that the other dogs assume that you’ll share with them too
- Bring your family, lawn chairs, sun hat, and suntan lotion and have some fun with us
For a dog’s-eye view of last year’s Splash Dance, visit vimeo.com/209602910.
For more information on this event or to see pets in need of their forever home, visit pocatello.us/animal.