Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
From Southeastern Idaho Public Health:
Southeastern Idaho Public Health Warns Public of Possible COVID-19 Exposure
Student athletes and staff who had used the weight room at Highland High School on June 18, 19, and 22nd may have been exposed to COVID-19. A Highland High School athletic staff member has been confirmed as having COVID-19. Southeastern Idaho Public Health (SIPH) is recommending that persons who had been to the Highland High School weight room for longer than 15 minutes on June 18, 19, or 22nd to isolate at home and monitor themselves for any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, fatigue, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, or new loss of taste or smell. Experts believe symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
If you experience any of the symptoms listed above, contact your healthcare provider or call SIPH’s COVID-19 call center at 208-234-5875 to get tested. Testing is available.
Southeastern Idaho Public Health is working closely with the Pocatello/Chubbuck School District #25.
Limiting face to face interaction is still absolutely critical if we are to slow the spread of this virus in our communities. Increased COVID-19 cases underscore the importance of practicing COVID-19 risk reduction strategies which include:
- Staying home if sick.
- Practicing physical-distancing (maintaining at least 6 feet between individuals).
- Wearing a fabric face covering or mask when in public settings where physical distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or our sleeve.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer.
SIPH has a call center to field questions from the community and is open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can reach the hotline at (208) 234-5875.
For southeast Idaho specific information about the novel coronavirus, please visit https://siphidaho.org/coronavirus.php.
For Idaho-specific information about the novel coronavirus, please visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.
Join us Monday-Friday at 11 am for Facebook Live at https://facebook.com/siphidaho.